Tomorrow’s Health Plan Today
Employers are always on the lookout for the best health care options for their employees with cost and quality in mind. Innovation Health is the answer. At Innovation Health, we will feature enhanced technology and access to clinically integrated care that places employees at the center of their health care. We are creating a future where employees and families are actively engaged in their health and take responsibility for their personal health care decisions. We believe healthier employees, engaged in their medical care, along with innovative customer-centered health care solutions leads to lower medical costs and higher productivity in the workplace.
Employers are looking for ways to improve access to quality health care while lowering the cost of providing health benefits to their employees. With Innovation Health, employers benefit from:
Innovation Health is the result of a unique partnership between two industry leaders: Inova and Aetna. Inova is a nationally recognized health system and Aetna is one of the nation’s leading health care insurance benefits companies. This unique partnership provides a sustainable solution to help resolve some of the critical issues that exist in the current health care system including: cost, quality and patient experience.
The Aetna – Inova Partnership combines:
- The strength of Inova’s long-standing local and regional relationships and market presence for delivering community-based health care and coordinated wellness programs and services
- Aetna’s integrated strategy to promote the overall health, wellness and productivity of its members while utilizing Aetna’s experience with health plan administration
Innovation Health addresses the issue of cost. The combination of Aetna’s low administrative costs with Inova’s significant cost of care reductions allows Innovation Health to offer a lower-cost health plan option with improved quality of care. We do this through enhancing the communication and coordination of the health care team which leads to more efficient, improved patient care.
Innovation Health’s emphasis is on prevention and the promotion of wellness for a healthier and more engaged workforce. We will do this by enhancing a patient’s experience through greater participation in quality-based care. This type of care coordination allows employees to share in the decision making with their health care providers. This will lead to the ordering of more appropriate medical tests, lower out-of-pocket costs, and more convenient options for accessing medical care. Additionally, we will support your employees with engaging programs. This helps to maintain their health, prevent illness, offer better control of chronic diseases, and speed recovery if an employee is acutely ill. This includes early referrals to care management programs such as: case management, transitional care management, disease management, maternity management and behavioral health.
Other Benefits include:
- Identification of more cost-effective network providers
- Early discharge planning and a unique Transitional Care Management Program
- Increase use of Aetna’s networks of Institutes of Excellence TM and Institutes of Quality ® for transplants and bariatric surgeries
Innovation Health offers a choice of providers. Members are able to choose from Aetna’s large local, regional and national provider network as well as from Inova’s extensive local network. This choice can promote wellness for a healthier and more engaged workforce.
The Aetna Network includes:
- A broad national network
- More than 587,000 primary care doctors and specialists
- More than 5,400 hospitals
- The existing Aetna network in Northern Virginia consists of 21 hospitals, 6,000 physicians and providers, and 200 facilities and ancillaries, such as urgent care, home health, radiology centers and ambulatory surgery centers
The Inova System includes:
- Five hospitals with over 1,877 licensed beds
- Over 3,720 affiliated physicians
- Over 80 ambulatory care locations (non-hospital sites of care)
- Visit www.inova.org/awards to learn about Inova’s awards and accreditations.
The Innovation Health Solution
We have the right solution for a variety of sizes of businesses:
- Businesses with 1-100 Employees
- Businesses with 101-3,000 Employees
- Businesses with 3,000+ Employees
We are offering our solutions and significant cost savings to businesses whose employees are primarily located in: Alexandria City, Arlington, Fairfax, Fairfax City, Falls Church City, Fredericksburg City, Loudoun, Manassas City, Manassas Park City, Prince William, Spotsylvania and Stafford.
We offer a broad range of products depending upon business size. These products include:
- HMO based products
- PPO based products
- Indemnity based products
And, we offer funding options:
- Fully Insured
- Self Insured